“Are Sagrada Familia Towers worth it?” is a question each of the 5 million tourists visiting Sagrada Familia in Barcelona have on their mind as they see the queue at the ticketing counters.
The short answer is, “Yes Sagrada Familia Towers are totally worth it.”
For the long answer please continue reading. There are many reasons why it is worth going up the Nativity and Passion towers and we have detailed it out below.
Why do tourists want to know if the towers are worth it?
There are various reasons why tourists want to know if going up the Sagrada Familia towers will be worth it.
1. They have limited time on their hands and want to see as much of Barcelona as possible
3. The facades are not connected, which means you can either go up the Nativity facade tower or Passion facade tower. Despite buying a costlier ticket you get to climb only one tower.
4. Tourists can use the elevator only to go up the towers, and to come down you must climb down 400 stairs. Because of this large number of stairs, the tourists want to know if the physical exertion is worth it.
5. The Internet is full of mixed reviews about the Sagrada Familia tower tours, which confuses the visitors.
If you knew these 23 unbelievable facts about Sagrada Familia, we won’t even be debating if the towers are worth it.
Are Sagrada Familia Towers worth it?
Is it worth the extra time, money and effort of yours? Let’s discuss.
While the worthiness of the tower tours is a subjective thing, we will try and be as objective in our evaluation as possible.
Note: Don’t miss out on Sagrada Familia inside – the riot of colors, shapes and how the light plays with them both will blow your mind.
1. Going up the towers doesn’t cost much and is worth every Euro
For a normal adult, basic tickets to Sagarda Familia cost 15 Euros and if you go for the audio guide it becomes 24 Euros. By adding 5 Euros more, you can go up on one of the towers. For only five Euros, a visit up the towers is totally worth it.
Of course, you must choose the tower you want to visit. Best is that you go up both the towers but for that, you need to buy two tickets.
If you don’t have the luxury of time and must choose only one – go for the Nativity facade. Find out why Nativity facade tower is better than the Passion facade Tower .
2. Visiting the towers doesn’t take long and is worth the time
If you have already booked Sagrada Familia’s Top View tickets online, it will take you approximately an hour to have a peaceful visit to one of the towers of Sagrada Basilica.
On crowded days, your speed will depend on the speed of the tourists ahead of you.
On not-so-crowded days your tower tour can even be shorter – around 45 minutes.
To know how to avoid the massive crowd at this Basilica, check out the best time to visit Sagrada Familia.
3. The intricate details on towers make the trip up worth it
Many people think the Nativity and Passion towers tour are about seeing the views of Barcelona.
Instead, the aim of going to the top of these towers should be to understand and appreciate Gaudi’s masterpiece. To see and enjoy the intricate sculptures which adorn both the facades.
Note: If you want to see great views of the city of Barcelona we recommend you try Parc Guell’s three crosses instead. Before you plan your visit, read up on facts about Park Guell and also understand Park Guell’s Monumental Zone.
4. Going up the towers is effortless
Unlike what many people believe, you don’t have to climb up the towers. Each facade has an elevator which takes you right to the top.
Since these elevators can only take six people at a time, sometimes there is a bit of a queue. In short, going up the tower involves no effort – totally worth it.
5. Climbing down is an adventure and worth the physical exertion
To get down from the towers on both the facades, you must take the stairs. These stairs don’t have railings and that is why kids below the age of 6 aren’t allowed. Kids from seven and above till 16 need an adult to go with them.
The climb down the stairs is an adventure and worth your time and effort.
6. Towers are THE attraction, so they better be worth it
Gaudi’s design for Sagrada Familia church has 18 towers, of which only eight are complete. Of these eight, Gaudi himself built the four towers in the Nativity facade.
Wouldn’t you want to see the eight towers which have taken more than 130 years to build? These towers are the highlight of this wonder of the World – why miss it?
7. This bragging right is totally worth it
When construction of Sagrada Familia will end, it will be 170 meters tall. Thus, becoming the highest religious structure in the whole of Europe.
Don’t you want this bragging right? That you once stood at the top of one of the World’s tallest religious structure?
**SAVE TIME & MONEY – Book Online Tickets**
If you prefer a local to be your guide as you explore Sagrada Familia and climb up the tower of your choice, we recommend this ticket –
If you have decided to NOT go up the tower, you can either book a regular Sagrada Familia ticket with no tower access or a guided tour of Sagrada Familia with no tower access.
1. Buy Sagrada Familia online tickets
2. How to avoid the crowd at Sagrada Familia
3. Casa Batllo tickets – Fast pass, ticket price, discounts
4. Casa Mila tickets – online ticket for La Pedrera
5. Camp Nou Experience Tickets – price, discounts, free entry