If you are planning to visit Gaudi’s La Pedrera in Barcelona, you have two options.
You can either opt for the day tour or visit La Pedrera (also known as Casa Mila) at night.
The official name of the La Pedrera night tour is ‘Gaudi’s Pedrera: The Origins.’
The nocturnal guided tour of La Pedrera happens in a small group and is led by a Human guide who is a Gaudi expert.
The night tour of Gaudi’s La Pedrera starts with an introduction to the guide and the building.
The human guide then takes the tourists through Passeig de Gràcia and Carrer de Provença courtyards, the Espai Gaudi (in the attic) and the Roof-terrace.
During the tour, they also stop at a few audio-visual presentations.
Once they reach the La Pedrera roof, a light, laser and sound show takes them through the origins of Casa Mila.
The show narrates how Gaudi was influenced by nature while designing La Pedrera Casa Mila.
The story of Gaudi and Casa Mila is told through the video-mapping of the roof terrace.
After the audio-visual show on the roof is over, all tourists are offered a glass of cava (Spanish Champagne) at the Carrer de Provenca courtyard.
Be aware that the La Pedrera at night tour is not fully accessible. Tourists with limited mobility will miss the 20-minute audio-visual display on the roof of the building.
Note: Both La Pedrera and Casa Mila refer to the same building. Casa Mila is the original name and La Pedrera is the nickname this Gaudi masterpiece was given by the locals because they thought it looked like a ‘stone quarry.’
La Pedrera day or night
Many tourists get confused with the two options. Should they tour Casa Mila at night or day?
Well, those of you who have the time and the money can opt for the La Pedrera day AND night tour.
If you only have time for one of the Casa Mila tours, continue reading.
Advantages of La Pedrera by day
1. The La Pedrera by day tour is cheaper. For the day tour, the full adult ticket costs 22 Euros, while the La Pedrera at night tour costs 34 Euros. Both of these are online prices. If you buy the tickets at the venue, you will end up paying 3 Euros extra per ticket.
2. The La Pedrera day tour is a flexible option. You choose the time and date when you want to tour and book the tickets. However, La Pedrera at night tour starts after 7 pm (or 9 pm) depending on the season.
3. Since the Casa Mila day tour is a self-guided tour, it can be as long as you want it to be. However, the Casa Mila by night tour is of limited duration – around 60 minutes.
4. One of the items on the agenda which is extra on a day tour is ‘The Apartment.’ This Apartment displays bourgeois residents’ lifestyle in the early 20th century. During your Casa Mila tour at night, you don’t get to explore this Apartment. Find how is La Pedrera inside.
Advantages of La Pedrera at night
1. There is no crowd. Depending on the season, the number of people for this tour will range from 10 to 30.
2. Unlike the day tour, the night tour of La Pedrera is hosted by a Human guide. You get a detailed description of every aspect of Casa Mila.
3. Some tourists believe that the building is more beautiful at night because the scars of the 100 years of existence get hidden. Besides the artificial lights and the moonlight add their own charm to the building.
4. The 20-minute long light, laser and sound show on the Casa Mila roof exists only at night. Images, colors, and lights are projected on the various elements of the building’s roof to create a stunning narration.
5. Your tour ends with a glass of Cava, another name for Spanish champagne.
La Pedrera at Night reviews
There are numerous positive reviews for the Casa Mila at night show. Check out two of them below –
We took the nighttime guided tour and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was a cozy group (a maximum of 30 persons on the tour), and we basically had the entire La Pedrera to ourselves. Our guide Jordi was very good, and he shared many interesting stories. Read More
Our group went on the evening tour of Casa Mila that concentrated on the rooftop design. It was a beautiful night to look out over Barcelona and the light show was spectacular. The projections casting shadows on the roof and chimneys was like being a different world. The tour ended with a glass a Cava and sweets. Read More
Recommended Reading: Casa Batllo’s Magic Nights
La Pedrera by night tour tickets
Antoni Gaudí is one of the world’s most celebrated architects and Casa Mila was his last residential building. Quite a bragging right to own, no?
Besides, why should Barcelona nightlife be restricted to its pubs and bars?
The La Pedrera at night tickets is slightly costlier than the regular day tour tickets.
Tourists 13 years and above pay 34 Euros per head for the amazing experience.
Children aged between 7-12 years get a discounted ticket price of 17 Euros.
Kids aged 6 years and below can enter La Pedrera for free, as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult.
There is no special discount for other cardholders or tourists with limited mobility.
La Pedrera at night ticket inclusions
The La Pedrera night tour tickets include the following –
*Entrance to La Pedrera
*Guided Tour of La Pedrera in English
*Interesting projections in numerous rooms
*Access to areas which aren’t available during the day tour
*An amazing audiovisual show on the La Pedrera Casa Mila roof terrace
*A glass of Cava to top up the experience
Where to buy La Pedrera at night tickets?
If you want to buy La Pedrera by night tickets, you have two options.
Option 1: There is a ticketing counter at La Pedrera and you can just walk in and get the tickets.
Option 2: You can buy them online using the links provided at the end of this article.
We recommend you use Option 2 for the following reasons –
a) You save 3 Euros per ticket when you buy online because you don’t pay the ticketing window surcharge.
b) When you book your night show online, you get the electronic ticket in your email. You can just show the QR code on your smartphone screen and enter Casa Mila
c) Since La Pedrera by night is a limited entry show, the seats get filled up fast. It makes sense to buy the tickets online, in advance.
Booking La Pedrera tickets online is cheaper than buying them at the venue. At the venue, you pay 3 Euros extra per ticket as Ticketing Window Surcharge. If you buy online tickets, you skip the line as well.
For an amazing audio-video show on La Pedrera, book this ticket.
This is the most popular daytime La Pedrera ticket.