Louvre Museum in Paris, France is the world’s best art museum.
No wonder more than 9 million tourists visit the Musee du Louvre every year. That is almost 25,000 visitors every day. Read more such interesting Louvre facts.
With 35,000 artworks on display, it makes sense to make the most out of your Louvre Museum visit.
That’s why most tourists planning a trip, end up asking, “What are Louvre Museum Hours?”
The short answer is: Louvre Museum hours are from 9 am to 9.45 pm.
However, Musee du Louvre’s opening hours need a bit more explanation.
Musee du Louvre opening hours
Louvre Museum’s opening hours vary all through the week.
The Museum opens sharp at 9 am every day, except when it is closed.
On Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays it closes early at 6 pm.
On Wednesdays, and Fridays the closing time is 9.45 pm.
Monday: 9 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 9.45 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 6 pm
Friday: 9 am – 9.45 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 6 pm
The Museum employees start closing the rooms at 5.30 pm and 9.30 pm onwards.
Find out the best time to visit the Louvre Museum.
Different entrances of the Louvre Museum have their own opening and closing times. Learn about the four Louvre Museum entrances.
When is the Louvre Museum closed?
Louvre Museum is closed on Tuesday.
That’s why you will find Wednesdays a little more crowded than usual.
The Louvre Museum is also closed on these public holidays:
– January 1 (New Year’s Day)
– May 1 (Labor Day)
– May 8 (end of the Second World War)
– December 25 (Christmas)
Louvre Museum on French public holidays
However, Louvre Museum is open on most French public holidays.
Just that the timing varies. On the public holidays, irrespective of the day the Museum is open from 9 am to 6 pm.
Here is the 2018 calendar:
– Easter Sunday (Sunday, April 1)
– Easter Monday (Monday, April 2)
– Ascension Day (Thursday, May 10)
– Pentecost (Sunday, May 20)
– Pentecost Monday (Monday, May 21)
– Bastille Day (Saturday, July 14)
– Assumption Day (Wednesday, August 15)
– All Saints’ Day (Thursday, November 1)
– 1918 Armistice (Sunday, November 11)
Tuileries Garden opening hours
Most visitors to the Louvre Museum also visit the Tuileries Garden located between the Museum and the Place de la Concorde.
It is on the 1st arrondissement of Paris.
Some tourists come in early and spend time at the Tuileries Garden before the Louvre Museum opens.
This garden’s opening hours are –
From September 24 to March 31
All days, 7:30 am–7:30 pm
From April 1 to May 31
All days, 7 am–9 pm
From June 1 to August 31
All days, 7 am–11 pm
From September 1 to 22
All days, 7 am–9 pm
*BUY ONLINE TICKETS TO SKIP THE LINE*
These ‘Skip The Line’ tickets will be emailed to you in less than 10 minutes.
1. Louvre Museum audio guide – worth it?
2. Louvre Museum tickets – price, discounts, free entry
3. Louvre Museum tours – guided and non-guided tours
4. Useful information on Louvre Museum
5. Best time to visit Louvre Museum in Paris