Camp Nou in Barcelona is the home stadium of the World’s second most valuable football club – FC Barcelona.
It is also the second most popular tourist attraction in Barcelona – behind Sagrada Familia – attracting almost 2 million tourists annually.
Roughly calculated this means more than 5500 visitors come over for the Camp Nou experience tour every day.
With so many tourists thronging the attraction, you must find out the best time to visit Camp Nou before you step out.
Camp Nou opening times
The timing of Camp Nou Experience tour of Barcelona FC stadium and Museum depends on the time of the year. Here is the Camp Nou opening and closing schedule:
2 Jan to 8 Jan: Daily 10 am to 7:30 pm
9 Jan to 24 Mar: Mon to Sat 10 am to 6:30 pm & on Sun 10 am to 2:30 pm
25 Mar to 14 Oct: Daily 9:30 am to 7:30 pm
15 Oct to 16 Dec: Mon to Sat 10 am to 6:30 pm & on Sun 10 am to 2:30 pm
17 Dec to 31 Dec: Daily 10 am to 7:30 pm
Best time to visit Camp Nou
If you are holidaying in Barcelona, it is natural to ask “What is the best time to visit Camp Nou?” or “What’s the best time to go on Camp Nou Experience tour?”
After all, it is the second most popular tourist attraction in Barcelona and you don’t want to spend your time waiting to get in. Besides, you want the best experience possible.
If you keep the following tips in mind, you will have a nice time at Camp Nou.
1. The best time to be at Camp Nou is before 11 am. The queue is shorter and if you want you can spend the whole day at the Barcelona FC stadium and museum.
2. If you can’t make it before 11 am the next best time is by 4 pm. But then, you only get 2 and half hours to make the most of your Camp Nou Experience Tour (three and half hours if you are visiting between 25 Mar to 14 Oct)
3. The period just after lunch sees the longest queues, any day of the week.
4. Visiting Camp Nou close to the match days isn’t advisable. The stadium portion of the Camp Nou tour is closed on the day of La Liga matches. For Champion’s League matches the stadium is closed on two days – the day before and on the day of the match. On these days you can see the museum, the Messi Area, and the stadium till 3 pm, but you won’t get the full Barca experience.
Match days are not the best time to visit Camp Nou. Check on Barcelona FC’s schedule here.
Best time to visit Camp Nou for photographs
If you are a photographer, you will love Camp Nou tour. There are lots of photographing opportunities – both indoors and outdoors.
Being the second most popular attraction in Barcelona sometimes it can be difficult to click photographs without people.
But worry not, inside the museum you can take close up shots of trophies and other memorabilia without any hassles all through the day. Stadium long shots also won’t be a problem.
However, if you want to take good photographs of the stadium, the best time to visit Camp Nou will be before 5 pm. Shadows start to elongate and darken up the photographs after 5 pm.
Hint: If you plan to get photographed on the pitch, you don’t wear green. You don’t want to merge with the lush green Camp Nou grass.
Best month(s) to visit Camp Nou
The Camp Nou Experience tour is open all through the year (except on match days) and closes only on Christmas Day and the New Year’s Day.
The peak months for Barcelona tourism is from April to October, so expect long queues at Camp Nou during these months.
If you want to avoid the crowd, you should either book the tickets from January to March or between November and December.
Camp Nou in the shoulder season
In fact, the month of March is ideal for avoiding crowds for two primary reasons.
First, it is just before the start of the peak season thereby guaranteeing a smaller crowd in the arena and second, because the tours start half-n-hour early – at 9.30 am, giving you more time to explore.
Moreover, the temperature in Barcelona is ideal in March. If you book your Camp Nou Experience tour during this period, since you won’t be spending time waiting in line, you can add more attractions to your daily itinerary.
Camp Nou in winter
One of the highlights of holidaying in Barcelona during winter is that you can enjoy a peaceful holiday.
That’s why the winter months of November and December are one of the best times to visit Camp Nou.
Just that the stadium feels a bit colder. The self-guided museum tour, which is indoor doesn’t get affected in winter.
Camp Nou during peak season
In the shoulder season or winter, it is alright to go directly to gate number 9 of Camp Nou and buy your tickets. However, be ready to wait in line for 10-20 minutes.
During the peak season, these waits can go up from 30 minutes to sometimes even an hour and a half – the time you could very well spend on the Barcelona FC experience tour.
In fact, the longer you wait in the queue the lesser time you spend inside exploring the greatness of Barcelona FC and its players.
That’s why we always recommend (whatever be the month!) buying advance tickets to Camp Nou Experience tour. There are two advantages to buying the tickets online:
1) When you buy Camp Nou tickets at the venue, an adult ticket costs you 27.5 Euros because you pay an extra 2.5 Euros as handling charge on every ticket. An online ticket costs only 25 Euros and you save 2.5 Euros on every ticket.
2) When you buy Camp Nou Experience tour tickets online, you get them in your email. You show this email at the entrance and walk in to start your tour. No wasting time waiting in the line to buy tickets.
If you book this ticket online, you save 2.5 Euros per ticket because you don’t pay ticket handling charge. The ticket will be emailed to you.
1. Interesting Camp Nou facts
2. Everything about Camp Nou Experience Tour
3. Camp Nou Experience Tickets – prices, discounts, free entry
4. Casa Batllo facts – interesting trivia
5. Is Casa Mila worth it?