Travelling has always been a pleasurable and a lifetime experience to the travelers. In today’s time traveling has become an inseparable part of people’s lives. Some people love a solo travel while some find it more enthusiastic to travel with a big group of friends or family. The travel becomes more marvelous and memorable when it is done with a large number of people. Whatever be the type of your travel, there are indeed some inherent risks involved in it. There are some of the unwanted events that may occur during a travel and can ruin the excitement of travelling.
A group travel is definitely a joyous moment in one’s life but travelling in a group involves high risk. There are certain risks that should never go unnoticed in the hour of excitement. Being in a group is exciting and memorable but in case of any sudden injury or loss of luggage, the holiday can turn into a nightmare! Since you are planning to travel with your fun group, ranking travel insurance on the top will never be a bad investment. Traveling is a pleasurable moment in people’s life but it involves certain risks like injuries, illness, loss of baggage and other such unwanted events that may spoil your whole plan. Although we cannot control such things from occurring neither can we forecast about it yet we can at least prepare ourselves beforehand. Traveling in a group is total fun but you can seal the deal by purchasing an appropriate travel insurance plan for your group. Instead of purchasing single travel insurance plan for each individual buying a group travel insurance plan is economically beneficial. Group travel insurance plan helps you in saving money and who on earth doesn’t want that?
WHAT IS GROUP TRAVEL INSURANCE?
It is the type of travel insurance plan which is best suited for a big group of people that are going together on a same destination. Group travel insurance plan gives cover for unwanted events and medical injuries to the insured group. This type of travel insurance plan is relatively cheaper than an individual insurance plan. Travelling involves a great number of risks in it, so in order to have a fun travel as planned, you are highly advised to purchase a travel insurance policy for your group. Group travel insurance plan would be an ideal and most economical choice.
WHAT DOES IT COVERS?
Group travel insurance usually covers the same sort of risks that standard travel insurance does but here it gives benefits for a larger number of people. There are some of the things listed below that are covered in group travel insurance plan:
Just like any other ordinary travel insurance plan, this plan also gives you optimum cover for medical and hospitalization emergencies. Accidents can happen just about anywhere and with anyone, so to keep your whole group safe from the bulky medical bills, the insurance plan gives you cover for paying these bills on your behalf. This provides emergency medical care when a person in your group is sick or injured on the trip. To get a fair claim, you are advised to disclose the pre-existing medical conditions of all group members. (If there is any)
TRIP CANCELLATION COVERAGE
There are many such events where you may have to cancel your planned trip. Some of these reasons are: delay in flight, missed flight, accidental injury to any group member, traffic accidents, delay in baggage, wealth or natural disaster, schedule conflicts , terrorism or mandatory evacuations, in such an unwanted event the travel insurance plan gives you coverage that reimburses you up to the covered amount for advance paid trip.
LOSS OF VALUABLES
If during the trip any of your group members lose their luggage, passport, money, or other valuable items, travel insurance plan covers you for such a loss. Group travel insurance policy gives you an additional benefit of higher number of baggage cover because more number of people are being covered in a plan. Buying group travel insurance plan gives you more economical benefit that you’d ever get in individual policies
Group travel can be done for different purposes and adventure sports are highly rated in group travel. While going for an adventure sports, accidents can happen anytime. One cannot control any sudden injury or accidental death. If anything of such sort happens to you, the insurance policy provides you for necessary evacuation to a medical facility, or medically equipped flights to return home. This is not a medical coverage but it is a coverage that is necessary for medical transportation.
(Note: if you are planning to go for any hazardous adventure sport, you are advised to upgrade you policy by getting a cover for that sport else the insurer would not be held liable for any claim afterwards.)
- The most crucial benefit of a group travel insurance policy is that it is economically favorable. Buying group travel insurance for all the members of group proves to be relatively cheaper than buying individual policies for each person.
- In group travel insurance policy there is a higher baggage cover because more number of people is getting covered under a single policy.
Not every travel insurance cover is similar to the last. So while purchasing travel insurance policy, you must read the essential terms and conditions.
Some of the common exclusions of group travel insurance are listed below:
- Not every travel insurance policy gives you cover for adventure sports like scuba diving, kayaking, jet skiing, skating, mountaineering etcetera. If you are planning to go for any such sport you must upgrade your policy by giving extra premium.
- Sometimes age of group members can become a matter of exclusion in insurance cover. Many insurers do not give cover for people over the age of 65 or the premium would increases with the age of people getting insured.
- The members of group must not be scattered in different countries. It becomes hard for the insurance provider to design a plan that would fulfil the demands of all the people coming from different corners of the world.
- Other common exclusions are somewhat similar to that of an ordinary travel insurance plan. Such as limited number of baggage cover or the thefts that are not reported within 24 hours or medical emergency in some cases. The company will not be liable to any pre-existing medical condition which is not disclosed properly at the time of filing up details.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Before going on a vacation with your group of friends or family members, buying a travel insurance policy is as necessary as getting a flight reserved. To have a real good time with your group you must never overlook the given tips:
- Before buying travel insurance policy you should read the scheme and small print very carefully so that you can easily pick an appropriate insurance policy that would fulfil each person’s necessities.
- All members of the group must have harmony and complete knowledge about the insurance policy, its coverages, its exclusions and premium etcetera.
- Comparing your travel insurance plan with different policies will let you get most useful policy for your needs. You shouldn’t buy the very first insurance policy right away.